Tinnitus Retraining Therapy Association
We are still receiving applications to TRTA. After reviewing all responses the updated list will be posted at the beginning of October 2000. The update list will contain description of individual centers as provided by members.
The Tinnitus Retraining Therapy Association (TRTA) has been established by Pawel J. Jastreboff and Jonathan W.P. Hazell to help maintain high standards in the proper utilization of TRT. The Association gathers people who are properly trained, and who provide a service to their patients according to the requirements of TRT.
- participation in one of the TRT courses, Jastreboff’s in the USA or Hazell’s in London
- to have used TRT for at least 6 months
- to accept that TRT requires at least the following components to be fulfilled:
- The concept of the neurophysiological model [Jastreboff, P.J. Phantom auditory perception (tinnitus): mechanisms of generation and perception. Neurosci.Res. 8:221-254, 1990; and Jastreboff, P.J., Tinnitus. In: Current Therapys in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, ed. George Gates, Mosby-Year Book, Inc., St. Louis, MO, 1998] must be the basis for the diagnosis and treatment of each patient
- Categorization of patients according to the model
- A specific treatment protocol adjusted to each patient individually
- One to one directive counseling tailored to each individual case
- Use of sound therapy according to the model, not necessarily involving the use of noise generators or hearing aid
- A series of follow up visits involving further, individual one to one counseling, over a period up to two years
- The ability by the professional to answer patients’ questions on the basis of the neurophysiological model.
The following list contains the names of present members of TRTA. The list is based on the statements of members and is not further verified. Consequently, it is not equivalent to certification and should not be treated as a referral list. We are not taking any responsibility for quality of services and the adherence to the original TRT protocol by the individual members.
Last updated November 2, 2020